This is not truth.
It is my version of events.
It is how I remember it happened.
It is how they remembered how it happened.
It is an oral history.
It is what someone dares say on the record.
It is the story of someone who wants to […]
The Treachery of Words — BREVITY’s Nonfiction Blog – By Kristina R. Gaddy
Read this entire post.
One day my words will be as well written.
As I typed the title I heard a collective gasp from the Force. You can’t be serious? Professional writer? Do you know how hard it will be to make a living?
Yes, as a matter of fact I do.
I have this to say to my legions of followers: do not panic. Here are the service offering changes to expect this year:
- I will continue to offer my consulting services on a limited basis to select clients.
- Life underwriting expert witness litigation support services will continue to be provided.
- Technical underwriting services are fully committed at this time.
- Professional corporate writing services for life insurance companies and their respective distribution channels.
There are a lot of very smart people in business today; there are not a lot of good writers. Couple this with the fact that companies need to produce more words, via a greater number of channels, than ever before, and you quickly come to realize that the corporate landscape is rife with opportunity for those who know how to communicate, you know, good. I.J. Schecter
Here is what to expect from this blog:
- More natural writing posts. As I transition to more writing for hire I need to write more. This blog will the primary landing area for my brain droppings.
- Less links to what I consider to be essential reading for professional life underwriters. The links to relevant articles will continue, just not in the frequency and quantity of the past five years.
- More painfully blatant examples of shameless self-promotion. Got to eat. And yes, I still have a mortgage, one child in medical school, one child still an undergraduate, three cars and and a nasty writing habit to support.
I look forward to helping you succeed in your business.
Thanks for reading and your continued support.